Pastor Amb. Mrs. Gani Mercy Ajuka is a multi-talented resource person and a humanist who acts under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. She is a humble and committed servant of God whose activities have positively impacted on the lives of many orphans, widows and jobless youths. Through her body, “Solace Place Foundation International”, a non-governmental and charity organization.
She brought succor and restored the lost hope of thousands of poor persecuted, frustrated and handicapped people, irrespective of ethnicity, race, colour, creed or religion.
Specifically, her benevolence has blessed the lives of other evangelist; enabled some poor male and female youths to acquire lucrative skills for self-reliance; empowered poor rural widows to start up petty-trading; saved the lives of accident victims, as well as guaranteed the career and a better future for several indigent students. Through this body, she has also led a large number of people to Christ by saving the lives of nursing mothers and sick people abandoned at various hospitals.
Born to the family of Mr. and Mrs. Ikechukwu Nwaeke Opurum of Egbulubi Ndashi community in Etche LGA of Rivers State. Born on 20th April, 1967, Ambassador Mrs. Gani Mercy Ajuka obtained her primary school education at State School Ndashi where she obtained her First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) from1973 to 1978. She obtained her West African Examination Certificate (WAEC) from Government Secondary School, Ndashi from 1979 to 1984. She later attended a Fashion and Catering Institution from Rexmoore Catering and Fashion Design Institute from 1998 to 2001. She proceeded to the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) in 2010 to 2014 where she got her Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Peace Study and Conflict Resolution. Recently, due to quest to serve God, she further attended Pentecostal Theological Seminary where she obtained National Diploma in Theological Studies from 2016 to 2019.
With a heart created for charity and endowed to achieve greatness. Mrs. Gani in 2001 founded and became the director of Batam Global Services Nig. Ltd, a business outfit that specialized in construction jobs, and supplies materials to other companies with assorted products and gadgets for both corporate bodies and individuals.
She is Married to Engr. Gani Stephen Neenaebari, from Buan in Khana LGA, the marriage is blessed with four lovely children.
In 2006, she founded and became the president of Solace Place Foundation International, a non-governmental organization that gives comfort and relief to widows, orphans and the destitute in the Niger Delta Area of Nigeria. Her humanitarian services have attracted both local and international attention for the consistent and outstanding manner and depth of sacrifice by her NGO. Through her NGO, Mrs. Gani Mercy Ajuka has reformed lives, trained and re-oriented indigent youths and transformed the lives of many others to become self-reliant and being useful members of their families in particular, and the society at large.
As part of numerous achievements and contributions to the society, she was appointed co-ordinator of Ethnics and Value in Rivers State.
She has bagged many awards for her humanitarian strives and contributions, among which includes: An Ambassador of Peace award and appointment as Peace Advocate from United Nations Bureau of Inter-Religious International Federation for Peace and the Universal Peace Federation.
- Managing Director – Batam Global Services Nigeria Limited
- Founder/President – Solace Place Foundation International (NGO)
- National Treasurer – Women wing Host Communities Producing Oil & Gas
- Deaconess – Women Ministry Department, Oyigbo II, Assemblies of God Church
- Women Leader – Host Communities Producing Oil & Gas, Rivers State Chapter (HOSTCOM)
- Chairperson Civil Society Organization (CSO), Rivers State Coordinator from the office of the presidency on Ethnic & Value
- Rivers State Coordinator Civil Society on Health & Rights of Vulnerable Girls and Women in Nigeria (RIVCiSHRWIN)
- Mobilize Nigeria Net of Entrepreneur Women (NNEW)
- Member Technical Working Group (TWG) of Sexual Transmitted Infection (STI) Sponsored by Rivers State Agency for the Control of Aid (RIVSACA)
- Member Technical Working Group SHiPs for MARPS Project Rivers State by Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Coordinator River State Chapter, Yeshua Embassy Network of Churches International Philadelphia USA
WORKSHOP / TRAINING ATTENDED
- The role of woman in peace and Nation Building (Abuja) 2008
- 2 weeks capacity building for NGOs and CBOs (organized by Aids Consortium) South Africa 2009
- A two(2) days workshop organized by Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) on the Implementation of the Niger Delta Regional Development Master-Plan for NGOs / CBOs Target: The role of NGOs, CBOs, FBOs and CSOs 2009
- A three (3) day capacity building workshop for course address, Ambassador for peace and Niger Delta Stakeholders on Character Development Community Service Conflict Resolution and Peace Building 2009
- Training workshop organized by Rivers Economics Development Forum (REDEF) on Empowering Women for Nation Building.
- Stop Victimization against people leaving with HIV/AIDS (PLHA) Sponsored by RIVSACA) 2009
- The role of NGOs and CBOs in achieving good governance (Sponsored by Rivers State Government through Ethnic & Good Governance) 2010
- UNDP Workshop on Project Reporting, Monitoring & Evaluation, Budget Tracking, Public Procurement 2010
- Good Governance Administrator, Finance management Resources Mobilization & Strategy Planning (Sponsored by Rivers State Governance through the office of the SA to the Governor on Ethics and Good Governance). 2010
- Oil and Gas Presidential Submit. Sponsored by Associate of Oil & Gas Host Community Producing Oil & Gas (HOSTCOM)
- The Role of NGOs, CBOs & Civil Society in Election(Sponsored by INEC Rivers State 2011
AWARDS / RECOGNITION RECEIVED SO FAR
- Capacity Building Workshop for CSOs on Good Governance and Partnership for Sustaining Development organized with National Population Commission 2011
- 2 day Training of Trainers’ Workshop for Community based Genders Advocates for the promotion of women’s Political Participation in rivers and Akwa Ibom state.
- The Role of a woman in transformation Agenda, sponsored by Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) at Female Officers mass. Old GRA Port Harcourt
- One day Training on Organizational profiling sponsored by Society for Family Health (SFG) Rivers State 2013
- 5 days in House Training on DALTA project sponsored United State International Development (USID) Abuja – 2013
- 4 days Training on proposal writing organized by Rivers State Agency for the Control of Aids (RIVSACA) sponsored by UNDP
|TITLE OF AWARD
|Assemblies of God, Ukwa District, Nigeria.
|Certificate of Merit
|Obehie 4th November, 2007
|National Agency for the prohibition of traffic in persons and other related matters (NAPTIP).
|South-South Goodwill Ambassador of Naptip
|Abuja – 2nd May, 2008
|United Nation – polac peace programme, Paris Switzerland
|Ambassador for Peace
|Port Harcourt – 14th June, 2008
|Universal peace federation USA.
|Ambassador for peace
|Abuja – 12th July, 2008
|Ndashi Etche Youth Forum
|Esther of Ndashi – Etche Kingdom
|5th August, 2008
|Realmac International Magazine
|African Leader Gold Merit Award (ALGMA)
|Abuja – 8th November, 2008
|Hephzibah Unique Dimension
|A woman of high standard in Excellence
|Abuja 23rd – August, 2008
|African Update International Magazine.
|Great African Patriotic Achiever’s Award
|Abuja – 28th march, 2009
|Yeshua Embassy of Church International INC. Philadelphia, USA
|Ambassador of Religious Peace and Unity International Award `
|Lagos; Saturday, 11th may, 2013
In all these great achievements, may all glory be unto our Lord Jesus “Amen”.